Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sad/Happy

Remember when I was making the Christmas ornament for my front door? And I said that perhaps monofilament wasn't the smartest choice to string the balls together because it didn't seem too sturdy?

Well, I was right.

If you look closely, some of the tops of the ornaments (the loops where you put string through) remained attached to the monofilament, not the ornament. This makes me also question the wisdom of using $6.99 ornaments from Wal-Mart.

I think I'm going to need to break out the ol' glue gun for this fixer-upper. I'm not sure when I'll get around to it because I have a feeling it just won't be as much fun the second time around.


***

On the upside, my parents were here to witness the whole ornament-smashing-to-the-floor scene... It was great to have them here for the shock and laugh. And as they headed out the door, I snapped a few pictures. I am always happy to have them drop by. xo.







No comments: