Monday, September 14, 2009

what makes me happy

Today I woke up and cleaned. And I don't mean swiffle clean (sweeping dust under rugs and straightening crooked frames). No, I took the shelves out of my fridge and washed out the crisper drawers.

Four hours later I found myself sipping a well-deserved cup of tea and rifling through my favourite blogs and websites. I did nothing photo related today and I have to admit, it's been a nice break before settling into a week of intense editing.

I want to share with you the things that make me happy. As of this afternoon, it's these four things that make me feel giddy and so pleased to be alive.

This painting by Penelope Dullaghan.


This cartoon from xkcd.


The Wall Street Journal's photo blog that features the best photos behind today's breaking news. There are some absolutely breathtaking images, like this one here.


And finally, the National Filmboard of Canada. This is a collection of Canadiana at it's absolute finest. Even the site's tagline gives me goosebumps: "The world changes: Our stories live on."

This website is a treasure trove of memories from childhood, amazing pieces from independant Canadian artists, documentaries, short films. Be careful, you could get lost here for hours. I adored this short when I was a kid.


1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Have you seen the big picture blog?
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/