Friday, September 25, 2009

ansel {awesome} adams

Isn't it funny sometimes how someone else's words can express so succinctly exactly what you're feeling?

I stumbled upon these nuggets of wisdom from Ansel Adams tonight and for each of them, my heart jumped and went, "Yes! Exactly!"

So for the photo enthusiasts who read my blog here are a few thoughts to make you smile (or at least, think).

"Some photographers take reality... and impose the domination of their own thought and spirit. Others come before reality more tenderly and a photograph to them is an instrument of love and revelation." [Yes please. More revealing, less domination].

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." [This one is my favourite!].

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.
" [I think this is aka: rules are meant to be broken].

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." [I find this interesting because I wholeheartedly agree. But it also causes a bit of dissonance, due to my fascination with putting words in images].

"The only thing in my life that compatibly exists with this grand universe is the creative work of the human spirit. " [I think that's because creativity and this beautiful world are both born of the same thing - an incomprehensible, higher level of Love].

No comments: