Saturday, September 12, 2009

cooper's wedding {the eve of}

I. AM. SO. EXCITED! Cooper's getting married tomorrow! YAY YAY YAY YAY!

It has been an absolute privilege to watch everything fall into place over the past few months. I almost said "magically fall into place" but that would be doing a great disservice to Cooper, who's meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills are beyond compare. And that's an understatement.

As a wedding guest book Sarah is having all the guests sign a square of fabric with fabric markers. Then, after the wedding, her Mom is going to sew all the squares together into a wedding quilt. I know - an immensely touching, beautiful idea.

So you kno
w I was thrilled (and honoured) when she asked me to design the center square for her quilt. OMG... I DO! :)

My idea was to create something with a homemade arts & crafts sort of feel... cute but not overly so, simple but not stick man simple. And of course, it had to be wool because it's soft and awesome.

I'm over the moon with how her center square turne
d out. I hope you can see all the love I poured into it. I love you Sarah and Robert! As I said before and will say again, it will be an honour to witness the linking of two perfectly matched souls. I'm wishing you lots of love, laughter, peace and happiness tomorrow and forever. Enjoy your special day! xo.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Beautiful work. What did you use to fill in the colors?