Monday, February 9, 2009

The Wolf Whisperer

This Friday just past I had the amazing opportunity to take pictures at the Shubenacadie (pronounced "Shoo-ben-ack-a-dee") Wildlife Park which is about 45 minutes outside of Halifax.

I went with 3 of my favourite photo-friends (Eric, Greg & Chris) and despite the minus 16C weather, we managed to have an excellent day. Our friendly guide Kevin let us in to some of the (safer) cages with the animals so we could get clearer shots.

I've decided that wildlife photography isn't really my thing... but I still had tons of fun, learned oodles of new facts (did you know that Cape Sable Island ponies can live to be 32 and that peacocks can fly??), and most definitely would have had a blast with or without my camera.

Below are a few of my favourite shots from the day. My absolute favourites are the wolf pictures I took with a wide angle lens - so cool! The pictures of me were taken by Greg. I thought it would be neat to put the picture I took first, and then the picture of me taking the picture second. Clear as mud?

By the way, you can do this too! Just call up the park and ask to book a personal guided tour! It's 50 bucks for a group of 4. Do it! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY SMOKE! These are brilliant! I was scrolling through and got to the ones of the wolves close up, and was thinking, "Awww...cute puppy!" and then the next one was his bloody great fangs! Brilliant- you rock so much.