Monday, February 23, 2009

bedroom love

I love our bedroom. There's something about the quality of light that shines through our windows that is so delicate and magical. It makes me swoon. Most days I am getting ready for work around 3 o'clock and always think to myself, "I need to get a picture of this."
But then never bother. Well, a few days ago I tried but the picture is never as good as being there.


Anyway, the above photo is showing you my favourite spot in our apartment. I am in love with this area for 4 reasons:

1. I love our tall windows and the pale yellow curtains that cast a golden glow on sunshiny days.

2. The teddy bear. Meet Sir William! My parents were married in 1969 when real fur was all the rage. Sir William was originally a coat that was a gift from my father to mother their first Christmas together. A few years back Dad had the coat made into three teddy bears - one for me, my mother and sister. I think Sir William is cute as a button watching over things all day on his chair.


3. Draped over the chair is an afghan I wove. My mother weaves and it's always been something I want to learn too. It is so neat to take a skein of wool and turn it into something useful like a warm snuggly blanket. This afghan was my first major project of hopefully many more to come. My dream is that some day Mom and Dad will show up with the loom and let me set it up in the spare bedroom. [*hint* *hint* if you're reading this. I love you and want to be like you! :)].

4. The painting is my most favourite painting Mom has ever done. It's called "Ma & Da's house" and it's where she was born in Newfoundland. I love that it's mainly black and white with a splash of colour for extra punch.

I love my apartment. Sometimes I feel like people scoff at the thought of interior design and buying/creating things purely for decoration. But I think it's so important to be enamoured with where you live and happy when you look about your surroundings. I strongly believe that where you live should be a reflection of who you are and how you love. Don't you think?

No comments: