Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Heart Valentine's Day

I can't believe it's been five whole days since I've last posted - that deserves a slap on the hand. Especially since the little project I'm about to show you has been done for almost a week now.

Guess what's coming up? You know it - Valentine's Day! Some may say it's a completely manufactured holiday to boost sales during post-Christmas frugality. I say it's a great opportunity to practice sewing curves (remember my rabbit?!). And why not give ourselves something extra to celebrate? With all that's going on in the world, it's nice to have a reason to celebrate our love!

I have no shortage of love for the girl I made this little decoration for. We haven't seen each other in over two years but I think of her often and... with love! So I sewed together this mini-garland for her door, window, or wherever else she might like to put it during the 2009 season of loooooove.

No comments: