Friday, January 23, 2009

Sharpie Love

You know, I have been busy doing stuff... but some of it is top-secret. I will give you a hint: it has to do with an upcoming holiday that provides a perfect opportunity to practice sewing curves. >:)

So in the meantime, I want to share with you my love of Sharpies. If you've ever held one in your hand, you don't need me to explain - it's an instant love affair. And I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Check out some amazing Sharpie Art below.


During my never-ending search for economical decor, I stumbled on Charlie Kratzer. Armed with $10 worth of black Sharpies, he created a classically artful room. To see his basement, click here. It's nothing short of mind-blowing (and is about 100x cooler than the Ok Sushi video you just watched). I couldn't figure out how to download the video but the article is actually really well written - so open it in a new tab already! >:)

Then there is the offcial Sharpie blog that features people like Immy Mellon, the "Sharpie King." Here he is hard at work on some magnificent Sharpie Art.



And as if that weren't enough, check out this amazing Sharpie Lambougini. YES! And I don't even like cars!




So what are you waiting for? Go get yourself a new package of Sharpies and start doodling! >:)

No comments: