Thursday, August 19, 2010

the lever family

Well, this shoot made me nervous. Why? Because Lori is an awesome photographer. How nerve-racking is it to take pictures of a fellow photographer's family? Ieee! Very!

But I should have known better. Lori is one of the most relaxed, down-to-earth people you'll ever meet and of all the people in the world, she understands how hard it is to take pictures of two children and two adults where everyone is looking the camera with a half-decent expression on their face. I actually think she was more nervous than me being on the other side of the camera for a change! :)

Lori had one request - to get a good portrait in front of the church where her and Dave were married. It's a beautiful sentiment and I think (hope!) we nailed it.


(right click "open in a new tab" to view full-size without leaving this page)


Lori, thanks so much for inviting me to take pictures of your sweet family. Your boys are so handsome and hilarious and well-behaved. The love you share as a family is strong and beautiful - you're very blessed. I can't wait to catch up over tea and show you the rest of your images. :)



Because Lori is more than capable of taking awesome shots of her hubby and boys, this shoot was more about the four of them together. But this picture was so adorable that I can't help but post it. Check out those eyes!


And how cute is this little web-slinger?! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW...I have seen much of Lori's work, and you too are fantastic at this thing called 'photohgraphy.' Awesome pictures of the Lever's, I'm sure Lori is pleased! Awesome!