Monday, February 22, 2010

kyla + marc + karlyn = love

It's always a teensy bit nerve-wracking going to someone's home for a photo shoot. You never quite know what you're going to walk into and of course, I'm always plagued by the "what if I can't get a good shot?" doubts.

But the instant I walked in the front door, Kyla and Marc put my nerves at ease. These two are the most easy-going, warm and welcoming folks you'd ever want to meet. I felt comfortable right away and knew this was going to be an enjoyable hour.


Their baby girl Karlyn is an absolute pleasur
e. She was so well behaved and the camera loves her. I got some absolutely breath-taking shots of this blue-eyed beauty.

I wasn't able to capture an a-one traditional family portrait (it's hard to get everyone looking at the camera with a normal expression!). But what I think I did do, was capture a moment in time - a new family in love with each other and so very happy. (I'm sure Merlot the Cat is happy too, despite his grouchy scowl!)

Thank-you Kyla and Marc, for inviting me into your home and allowing me to share in this special time!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amazing photos. You really know how to capture a moment.

That's a pretty cute little niece that I have there.